I love shrimp salad rolls!
We had fun making these little (some big!) salad rolls this weekend. This is third time I have made these salad rolls and I am NOT getting any better rolling them! I have made my fair share of cabbage rolls in the past and I should be able to roll these much better!
....I will chalk it up to recent surgery on my wrist...;)
I love my little dip dishes.... Perfect for individual dips!
Stirfry Vegi's and Rice Noodles
I made this dish~ years ago! The symbol means to 'enjoy'
Of course we had fresh vegi's ~surprisingly they were local
...rather amazing for our climate at the moment!
Here is the recipe!
Shrimp Salad Rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package rice vermicelli
- 8 ounces cooked, peeled shrimp, cut in half lengthwise
- 8 rice wrappers (6.5 inch diameter)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- water as needed
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Remove from heat. Place rice vermicelli in boiling water, remove from heat, and let soak 3 to 5 minutes, until soft. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Fill a large bowl with hot water. Dip one rice wrapper in the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat, and place desired amounts of noodles, shrimp, carrot, lettuce and basil in the center. Roll the edges of the wrapper slightly inward. Beginning at the bottom edge of wrapper, tightly wrap the ingredients. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce with water until desired consistency has been attained. Heat the mixture for a few seconds in the microwave.
- Serve the spring rolls with the warm dipping sauce.
* We found that 1 second in the hot water was not long enough, I would say 10 seconds was more realistic!
* Our dipping sauce we purchased at the store and then decided to make our own....
This was the recipe we followed.....although we did add a little more/less of some of the ingredients!
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Chinese rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons white granulated sugar
Whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use. Note:For best results, refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend. Before serving, thin the sauce with a bit more warm water if needed. Use the peanut sauce within 3 - 4 days.